Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
compac cq60-615dx notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I received an automatic WINDOWS10 update.  Update was flawless but the sound/speakers don't work anymore.  This is the 2nd update that has done this.  I've deleted the drivers and tried to reinstall them.  No go!.  What drivers do I need?  How to fix???  Had to take my machine to the GEEK SQUAD .  They struggled to locate workable drivers but succeeded.  Now The problem repeats itself.  Please advise to a solution. 

Thanks

[Personal Information Removed]

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works...

A problem with the Conexant audio means that you may hear no sound in Windows 10 even though everything appears to be working correctly.

Microsoft suggests running msconfig.exe and click on the Boot tab.

Click the Advanced options button, check the Maximum memory box, and set the value to 3072.

Then restart the PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.