Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Loud Pavillion x360 model m3-u103dx

Example: Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I just got the Pavillion x360 model m3-u103dx as a gift and have already noticed that it consistently makes a lot of noise. Even with just one tab of a browser open. The fan is also very loud. Is there a way to quiet this machine. I would like to use this in class, as that is what I intended, but it is so loud I think it would be a distraction.

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
8,244 8,112 484 925
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Loud Pavillion x360 model m3-u103dx

Hi @sammpotter14,

Welcome to HP Forums and thanks for the post. 

I see you are facing an issue with your computer making a lot of noise. I will be glad to help. 

Have you checked the CPU usage from the task manager?

Have you changed the operating system of the computer?

Recommend you to run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated. Click here to know more. 

Update BIOS on the computer, you can download it from www.hp.com/drivers (enter the product number to find the right update)

If you have any external devices connected, disconnect them during the BIOS update. 

Run a system test on your computer. On startup keep tapping the F2 key on your keyboard to enter system diagnostics. Click here for assistance.

Also, check for Windows updates and HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation