Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Loud/deafening sound from HP Pavilion x360

pavilion x360 intel i3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently restarted my laptop and when it switched on again, the sound became deafening. From volumes 2 to 100 there is no change; it is loud and unbearable and I can't use headphones. I have restarted the laptop again and there is no change.

How can I fix this?

Make: pavilion x360 intel i3

system: windows 10 (64-bit)

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Loud/deafening sound from HP Pavilion x360

Hello@brj94,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that you need assistance in fixing the audio issue on the PC. I will definitely help you.

I recommend you to try reinstalling the audio driver and check if that solves the issue.

Please follow the steps below and uninstall the driver and restart the PC couple times before you check for the issue.

• Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  • Expand the node that represents the Sound, audio, and Video drivers, right-click the device entry and click Uninstall.
  • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  • When the uninstall process is complete, restart the device.

Hope that answers your question. Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation