Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
10-10-2020 02:34 PM
Product: Hp envy
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
My laptop makes a loud sound whenever a charger is plugged in. I’ve replace the charger and the charging port but nothing has changing. When the charger isn’t plugged in, you can still hear the sound but it’s a lot less quieter. I need to know the solution fast.
1 REPLY 1
10-13-2020 02:14 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
- 1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.
- 2. Expand batteries.
- 3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.
- 4. Shut down the computer.
- 5. Disconnect the charger.
- 6. Remove the battery.
- 7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.
- 8. Insert the battery only.
- 9. Attempt to turn the battery on.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community