Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Low speaker volume

c2y45av
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the most recent Windows 10 update, my speaker volume has decreased substantially. The change in volume pre- to post-update is very evident. I use my speakers very often so I would like to fix this problem as soon as possible. 

Thanks

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
102275 14228 21868
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Low speaker volume

Hi:

The latest W10 update messed up the audio in almost every one of my HP business desktops and notebook PC's.

I had to reinstall the audio drivers to get everything to work right.

Two of my PC's do not have W10 audio driver support.

For my HP 350 business notebook, I had to reinstall the W8.1 IDT audio driver, which restored normalcy.

For my HP dc7800 business desktop, I had to reinstall the W7 Soundmax audio driver, which restored normalcy.

Your notebook does not have W10 audio drivers either.

So, here are two recommendations for drivers I have...

First, create a system restore point in case these drivers make a bad situation worse, and then you can revert to your current status.

Then reinstall the W8.1 audio driver from your notebook's support page and restart the PC

This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59654.exe

If that doesn't fix the problem, try this IDT audio driver from a newer model notebook (15t-j100) that has the Beats Audio.

Install and restart the PC.

This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

6.10.6491.0 Rev.     Sep 30, 2013

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation