anebel63
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Mic only work when i'm in front of it

HP Recommended
pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I am on a zoom call I can be heard fine when I am sitting right in front of the computer facing the screen. If I turn my head my audio disappears. If I look down or consult my papers to the side of the laptop my audio goes away. Is there a setting that changes the mic from unidirectional to omni directional so this doesn't happen? Any other setting I am missing? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,841 24,797 1,152 1,186
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@anebel63

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

To get the answer to this question, Integrated microphones are often mounted at the top of the display panel which will be facing towards you and also laptop microphone can only capture audio from a distance of 4 to 6 feet, If you're moving around while on the web call away from the mic that will reduce sound from the sides. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post.

Have a great day ahead!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation