Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook 11-v032nr
Chrome OS

Hello!

My HP Chromebook 11-v032nr's microphone is not working and only picks up white noise. After making a recording of myself, it only makes a white noise sound, and not my voice. My camera works fine. I have tried doing a hard reset, as well as changing microphone permissions via Settings.

Thanks for your help!

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Mine is doing the same. Not sure how to fix. Can’t find out if I call google or hp for support. 

HP Recommended

Mine is doing the exact same thing. I haven't moved my laptop from its location so i know it hasn't had any trauma to it. From one day to another it just stopped working.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. It must be an update thing or something since people are having the same problem during the same times

HP Recommended

I have the same model with the same problem.   Tried resetting to factory and that did not resolve the problem.   Has anyone found a solution?  

HP Recommended

Same problem here on a HP Chromebook 11, sudden dysfunction of microphone that now only pics up a static noise, like streaming water, and very vaguely some voice in the background. Tried recording a video and also that one has the same static in audio (and no probs in video), meaning its the mic and not down to connections, bandwith etc.  Solution much appreciated as this is my daughter's home-schooling device much needed these days ☹️ 😷

HP Recommended

recording video with the headphones plugged in seems to cut out the static noise.    Haven't tried on hangout or zoom but if it works recording a video it should work for that as well

HP Recommended

It works well if you use headphones with a mike: only headphones will still give you the static but then on one channel only. There is another thread on this forum on the same issue: they claim a fix in the OS update is forthcoming, check it out

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I found another thread reporting the same issues. Here is our experience:

Just bought the HP chromebook for my daughter to complete schooling online. Mic worked fine at first, then a few days later, it stopped operating correctly; tons of annoying static, which has prevented her from participating in class discussions. This is saddening, given this is a brand new device. Resolution needs to be communicated to us customers, immediately. This is unacceptable

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.