Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14-ea0000 (1Q877AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Not sure whether this is the best board to put this since I could not find a board that fits well for Microphone issues but here we are.

So I upgraded to Windows 11 right after I got the laptop since it shipped with Windows 10. No worry, I tested everything on Windows 10 and the toggle worked fine. Once I updated, the camera switch still worked but the microphone toggle didn't. This didn't really bother me, since I was using an Insider Preview as I did with my old computer and just assumed a fix was coming soon. 

I forgot about the issue until now, and realised the toggle still does not work. The camera toggle still works fine, but the microphone's doesn't. The mic itself works as intended. Pressing the switch does nothing but show the Microphone Unmuted symbol, but the mic was never muted to begin with. An image of the symbol is shown below.mic issue.png

So yeah, if anyone can find a fix that would be great. Otherwise, I haven't really messed with drivers since I'm not really sure which ones would affect the microphone toggle. 

Thankis for reading 🙂

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @SnylonPlayz 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

From what I have understood, you are not able to toggle your microphone using the key. Do not worry, we are here to help you with that.

I would suggest you update all the drivers of your system and check if the issue persists. Here are the steps that will help:

• Use HP Support Assistant to find and install updates, including BIOS updates, for your computer with Windows.
  • In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant, or click the app icon in the taskbar.
  • If the app is not installed on your computer, download the latest version from the HP Support Assistant website.
  • On the My Dashboard tab, find your computer, and then click Updates.
  • Wait while HP Support Assistant analyzes the system.
  • After the analysis completes, select the listed updates, download and install the updates, and then follow any on-screen instructions.
  • If prompted, restart the computer, and then close the tool.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello!

We haven’t heard from you in a while, this post is with reference to the thread you had created at your  

friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community). 

I would like to know if the resolution we provided worked for you? If you have any other queries, feel free to reply at any time, and thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @SnylonPlayz 

I hope you are doing good.

We reached out but never heard back. Do you still need assistance? Let me know if there is anything else you need assistance with.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Have a great day! 

Thanks! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry for the late response. I tried the driver fixes with the Support Assistant but found that my computer was up to date.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Also, may I know which button are you using to toggle here?

Keep me posted.

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi, the only updates there are right now are for the next Windows 11 preview and a Windows Defender update. Ill install both and see what happens. The microphone toggle is the f8 button on my keyboard with an LED light indicator. It is the button in the image shown below.PXL_20220603_125704227.jpg

HP Recommended

Sure.

Please keep me posted on the outcome.

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hey, I forgot to reply,

Neither update fixed the issue, so the toggle still doesn't work. What should I do now?

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

I have sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.