Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi experts,

My HP microphone is not working properly, there is crackling sound and background noise is coming whenever I speak.

Let me know what to do.

Thanks

Nitin 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Nitin09

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

Try the steps below to resolve the issue -

Step 1: Check the microphone hardware

Make sure the microphone has power, is turned up, and functioning.

1. If the microphone operates on battery power, make sure the batteries are correctly seated and are functional. If the microphone operates on external power, make sure that all the power connections are secure and the power cord is connected to a power source.

2. If the microphone has a volume control, make sure it is turned up half way.

3. Disconnect the microphone from the computer port, and then re-connect it. If the microphone uses a USB port, try connecting it to a different USB port on the computer.

4. Connect the microphone to another device, such as another computer, and then try to use it.

• If the microphone functions correctly when connected to the other device, a driver or computer recognition issue might be causing the problem. Continue to the next step to check for an update to the audio driver.

• If the microphone does not function correctly when connected to the alternative device, then the microphone might need to be replaced.

Step 2: Update the audio driver

Step 3: Run the Audio Check in HP Support Assistant

Step 4: Use the Troubleshooting tool

For instructions refer to -Resolving Microphone Problems (Windows 10, 😎

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.