Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-19-2020 05:18 AM
this is the name of my product: HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-ba0xx
Since 4 month the internal mic of the laptop doesn't work, I used to use the mic of the headphones, but since some days the pc is not able to read the mic of the headphone (mic in front the panel), but I can hear from them (so the audio is ok).
I have already done all the driver updates. What should I do now?
09-21-2020 01:44 PM
@MartinaIo97 I have a few steps to help you out:
The Troubleshooting tool automatically finds and fixes many computer issues. Use it to troubleshoot microphone problems.
In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.
Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio recording.
Administrator permission is required to run this program. If prompted, type the administrator password or provide confirmation.
The Sound troubleshooter opens. Click Next. The troubleshooter begins checking the audio service status.
Select the device you want to troubleshoot, and then click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions and make any changes suggested by the troubleshooter. When done, close the troubleshooter.
If the problem persists, continue to the next step.
We may need to reset the privacy settings for the Microphone if the issue occurred after any recent windows updates:
- Open Settings from your start menu.
- Click on Privacy in order to access all your privacy settings.
- Select Microphone from the left pane and then click the Change button.
- Now, turn on the microphone for this device.
- Turn on Allow apps to access your microphone.
- Finally, in the app list, make sure to turn on microphone access for every app you want to give permission to access your microphone.
- Repeat the same exact steps but for your webcam this time.
If the issue persists, uninstall the microphone driver and restart to automatically install a fresh driver for the same.
- Open device manager, the fastest way is through the search bar:
- Open ‘Audio Inputs and Outputs’
- Left-click on your recording device.
- In the menu that opens up Click ‘Uninstall’.
- delete the driver. click apply/OK and then, restart the pc.
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on the post you feel, helped you the most,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
10-14-2020 11:13 AM
@MandeepD if the external microphone works while the internal doesn't, I'm afraid it confirms a hardware malfunction and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:
1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Click on "Show Options".
Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!
Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from,
here's how private messages work: Click here for details.
If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community