Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, 

My HP spectre was working fine until about a week ago where I was in a zoom call and the other person couldn't hear me. I tried running diagnostics but it said that there was no problem detected. Even when I try to test the microphone there are no bars when I speak. I tried using cortana as well to see if maybe its just a website problem, but cortana automatically says "sorry I didn't hear that". I am a full time college student and I really need to get this fixed as soon as possible. If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JP_123 

For those reading - Troubleshooting

Control Panel > icon view > Troubleshooting > Hardware and Sound > Troubleshoot audio recording

If you have not done so, try / consider

Make sure your Windows Updates are current and installed

Settings > Update and Security > Windows Updates > Check for Updates

If any updates are installed, Restart the computer and log in

Settings > Privacy > Microphone

Make sure the permissions for Zoom and your other applications that need the microphone are allowing it.

Make sure the microphone is not set to use an external microphone (in your headset, for example)

If you are using the internal microphone (as opposed to the microphone in a headset, for example),

You could try uninstalling the microphone driver in the Device Manager.

Open the Device Manager > open category Audio inputs and outputs 

Find and Right-Click on your internal microphone > Uninstall

To reinstall the microphone driver:

"Scan for hardware changes" from within Device Manager > Action

OR

Restart the computer and log in

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Spectre 15-df0000 x360 Convertible PC

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.