Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-21-2021 01:12 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that your HP Notebook microphone is not working correctly.
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
- When was the last time it worked fine?
- Have you tried with a different app such as Zoom or Skype?
- Have you tried using Mic via headphones or earphones?
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
- Step 1: Check the microphone hardware (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating)
- Step 2: Update the audio driver
- Step 3: Use the Troubleshooting tool
- Step 4: Configure the sound settings in Windows
- Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03421813 to complete the troubleshooting step.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community