Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

The microphone on my laptop doesn't work at all. No application on my HP Envy 15 can pick up my Microphone, not even Cortana. I've verified that it isn't a microphone problem, because it works with a different device. No matter how many help articles I go through and do what they tell me to do, nothing works. My only option to communicate by voice is with my phone, which irritates me greatly.

The audio on my laptop is slow as well. After an application starts sending audio output, it takes maybe about 3-4 seconds for the audio to actually turn on. I mentioned this when I sent in my laptop in for repair for another problem with the hinges, but it wasn't fixed. I didn't really care because I did not know it affected my microphone.

I'm not sure if this is a software or hardware problem. It wouldn't really make sense if it was a hardware problem because the affected area of the previous repair was on the right side of the laptop screen, far from the audio jack. It started happening maybe 3-4 months ago.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@MoneyHurricane 

We need to know what is your HP Envy x360 15  ?  Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

HP Envy x360 15m-bp011dx

Is this what you're looking for?

HP Recommended

@MoneyHurricane 

Please do a clean install Audio softeware/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp93001-93500/sp93151.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver and reboot,
(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
(d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@banhien wrote:

I have two drivers under Sound, video, and game controllers and two drivers under Audio inputs and outputs. Which one(s) do I uninstall?

audio inputs and outputs.PNGsound video and game controllers.png

HP Recommended

@banhien

Hello?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.