01-13-2017 09:11 AM
I'm trying to set up Cortana on my new Pavilion x360 m3 Convertible PC Model #m3-u001dx, but it's telling me the microphone can't be set up. I've gone through all the steps 3 times, but still not hearing me. I don't know where the microphone is (can't find anything on the help sites who can tell me where the microphone is on this model), so I don't know if I'm just not speaking into it, or there is an issue with it not hearing me.
Could you please help me? Thank you
01-14-2017 10:02 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.
As I understand the microphone on Pavilion x360 Convertible isn't working,
Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here
For advanced troubleshooting steps: on Resolving Microphone Problems (Windows 10, 8)
- Before you begin
- Checking the microphone
- Updating the audio driver
- Using the Troubleshooting tool
- Checking the sound settings
- Raising the microphone volume level
- Resolving microphone issues by disabling enhancements
- Changing the format of the microphone
- Resolving microphone issues when running more than one application at a time
- Testing a microphone using Voice Recorder (Windows 10)
- Testing a microphone using Windows Sound Recorder (Windows 8)
- Microphone does not work with Skype or other Internet software
- Microphone fails after a webcam or a USB microphone is installed
- USB ports not recognized
Click here to get details on each step mentioned above.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,
Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,
Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum. Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee