Honor Student
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Missing Bluetooth?

HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p214
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So today I went to try and use my Bluetooth headphones I bought, and I can't seem to find the Bluetooth icon on the right panel or the Bluetooth settings. No matter where I look in my laptop there's nothing about my Bluetooth. It's like I never had one, there's not even a Bluetooth option in Device Manager. How do I fix this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 12337 1165 2352
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Missing Bluetooth?

Hi @Baekhyunee,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. It is a great site for information and questions.  I read your post about the Bluetooth headset that you purchased not connecting with your computer. It will be a genuine pleasure to assist you.

A superb job was done trying to check in device manager and  doing such exhaustive copious troubleshooting. I am truly amazed by your superlative troubleshooting skills. You’ve also checked the settings. Kudos to you on that score. It is always a privilege to work with technically competent minds. 

After reviewing your post I checked and found that the computer does not come with a preinstalled Bluetooth module. Please visit this link for the product specifications of your computer: http://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/c04647511 There is no listing for Bluetooth.

A workaround would be to connect an external Bluetooth adapter (receiver) to one of your USB ports and pair it with your headset for the headset to work on a Bluetooth connection.

Hope this helps!. Please let me know how this pans out. If it helps, please mark this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts to help, click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care and do have a splendid week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation