Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 17m-ce0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'd like to get more volume from my Realtek speakers.  I've heard there is a way to get 50% more volume, but I don't want to mess something up trying to make complex changes.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@vonlothar 

Please do a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95001-95500/sp95034.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
(d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I appreciate the quick reply.  However, I am really nervous about uninstalling the audio drivers, rebooting, and then installing the download and rebooting again.  I'm concerned I might not have working speakers!  I haven't had good luck with downloads in my experience.  There's too much I don't know.

It may be impossible for you to help someone with my limited knowledge of normal follow-up steps to take when something doesn't work right.  I just did a driver update for audio before I got on the Forum, so I think there's a good chance it's working.  But I read where you could boost volume by 50%.  Rather than trust some random online website to help with that, I thought it would be a good idea to come here and find out if there was some simple and safe way to do that.  Of course, simple is a relative term.  I'm sure the solution you suggested was extremely simple to you, and most everyone on this Forum.  Just kinda nerve wracking for me.  Thanks, again, for getting back to me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.