Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (173 Views)

Muffled sound in brand new laptop

Product Name: Envy Notebook
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got my laptop on Wednesday, (yay,) but when I tried going on Youtube I noticed the sound is very muffled.  I compared it to my old laptop and the sound was much better on the old one.  Heck, the sound on my phone is better.  The same thing happened when I switched to Windows 10 on my old laptop so I went to Microsoft support chat.  They only told me to do the usual stuff I had already found in other searches.  The sound is still muffled and very annoying to listen to because it's like something is covering my speakers.  Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 3 (142 Views)

Re: Muffled sound in brand new laptop

I just tried reloading Windows 10 and it didn't help either.  I'm ready to cry because I've been trying for 2 days and it's still bad.  It should not be a downgrade from a 4 year old computer.  Everyone is telling me that Windows 10 causes the issue but I just can't figure out how to fix it.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (76 Views)

Re: Muffled sound in brand new laptop

It's been about 2 weeks and the sound still sounds awful.  I've tried tons of things and it's still muffled as heck.  There has to be something I can do to fix this.  If not, I'll have to go bad to my old laptop.  The screen is broken off of its hinges but at least it doesn't sound like it's underwater.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation