Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 840 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have reimaged an EliteBook 840 G6 and reinstalled all the drivers from both the factory recovery DVD and downloaded from the HP Support site.  The Device Manager is still showing issues with the Multimedia Audio Controller.

I pulled a list of all the drivers before reimaging so the driver I am showing as missing is for the Intel« Smart Sound Technology (Intel« SST).

I have searched everywhere and cannot find the driver.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@tflatt 

Are you looking for ISST ?

isstx.png

Your machine uses Realtek software, not Conexant.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, I am aware.

The problem is I tried the audio driver and from the HP site for my model of laptop and it is not resolving the missing driver in Device Manager.

Here is the Hardware ID:  PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9DC8&SUBSYS_8549103C&REV_11\3&11583659&2&FB

Thanks,

Tony

HP Recommended

I am having this exact same issue. There is no driver on HP's site named Multimedia Audio Controller driver. The hardware ID is the same as well.

HP Recommended

I am having this exact same issue. There is no driver on HP's site named Multimedia Audio Controller driver. The hardware ID is the same as well.

HP Recommended

I opened a ticket with HP and they gave me a link to the driver, ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp98001-98500/sp98270.exe. 

It looks like it could be the needed driver, but our corporate image currently is Windows 10 Enterprise v1703 and this driver I believe looks specifically for v1903 so I could not get it to run.

I am working on getting our OS upgraded.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.