2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Mute button light is not turning off.

HP Notebook - 15-ac647tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My mute light does not turn off even when I unmute my device.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,623 12,733 826 1,428
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Mute button light is not turning off.

@Dmenon3003

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Notebook - 15-ac647tu and the mute light does not turn off even when you unmute the laptop. 

I would like to know if any changes (hardware or software) took place on the laptop aI would like to know if any changes (hardware or software) took place on the laptop after which this issue may have started. Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• If this issue started recently then please perform a Microsoft System Restore. You can rollback the laptop to a previous date when everything worked fine. 
  • Post a system restore if the mute light does not change then please continue with the below steps:

1 go to Control Panel

2 go to Device Manager

3 go to Sound, video, and game controllers

4 double click the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

5 go to Driver on the top of the IDT screen

6 click Roll Back Driver...yes it takes away the most recent update but it worked for me

7 after it is done rolling back go back to the IDT screen and go back to driver and click the Update Driver button...don't interrupt it let it do a search and update

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. All the best! 🙂

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation