Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mute button will not stay off?!?!

ENVY m6-k015dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I generally keep the mute button on my laptop on because I generally don't need sound. However, for a while now starting like a couple months ago, the mute button will not stay off when I turn it off. When I turn it off I'll get sound for maybe a minute or 2 and then the mute button will turn on all by itself. When I turn the mute button back off the volume is also at 0, not the level I had it at before it turned off which is what used to happen.

This is extremely frustrating is there a fix?? I've tried the find and fix problems application but it comes up with nothing. My computer is also up to date.

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
3798 3736 201 433
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mute button will not stay off?!?!

Hi @Bpalmer1592,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the mute and volume level. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

Please look at the following documents.

Beats Volume Control Direction Setting Does Not Work

No Sound from Speakers (Windows 😎

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation