ARJain1964
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Mute key on the keyboard

HP Recommended
HP pavilion dk 0045tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Actually I performed update from the hp support assistant and few system updates from settings and after that I was surprised to see that the light of mute key is not lit while the backlight of keyboard is working. The light of caps lock was also working. But the light of mute key i.e f6 is not working the key still mutes up the system but the light is not seen!

I'm stuck!

4 REPLIES 4
EddyK
Level 11
Level 11
2,977 2,911 395 1,274
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @ARJain1964,

The most common solution for this issue seems to be installing the latest audio driver:

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

Description:

This package provides the driver for the Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported computer models that are running a supported operating system.

Fix and enhancements:

- Provides the updated driver.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp100001-100500/sp100428.exe

Install then restart the laptop.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Eddy

I am currently preoccupied with both academic and professional priorities so please note that there may be a delay in my responses. Please take my advice with a pinch of salt and while I will try my best to help you with my limited knowledge, I may not be able to completely solve your issue. Thank you for your understanding.

You can show your appreciation for my post by clicking the blue thumbs up icon.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ARJain1964
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It's not working yet!
EddyK
Level 11
Level 11
2,977 2,911 395 1,274
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try this:

1. Open Device Manager
  2. Expand Sound, video and game controllers
  3. Right-click and update the driver (automatic method)
  4. Reboot
  5. If that doesn't work, right-click and uninstall your computer's existing audio driver
  6. Action > Scan for hardware changes
  7. Reboot

I am currently preoccupied with both academic and professional priorities so please note that there may be a delay in my responses. Please take my advice with a pinch of salt and while I will try my best to help you with my limited knowledge, I may not be able to completely solve your issue. Thank you for your understanding.

You can show your appreciation for my post by clicking the blue thumbs up icon.
ARJain1964
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Not yet working 🧐🧐
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation