Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15 K204 TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, My dear Friends & Community members! 

I use HP Envy 15 k204 TX Laptop.

Windows 10 64 bit 

Everything is working fine till now, but sometimes Audio mute button light not working. It's still off even in mute. 

Already tried installing Realtek driver two times & Chipset too but no help. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Mitesh24,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. 

I understand you are having issues with the F6 mute button not working properly on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Have you tried to update the Bios on your computer?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown.

If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off.

2. With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

3. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

Performing Bios Defaults:

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Let's start off by checking for Windows update: 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to uninstall the audio drivers from device manager.

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers.

Then check the box delete the software for this device.

Now restart the computer and then update the Bios, Chipset, Audio and Wireless card drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, again Realtek Driver should be updated for that problem.....

I tried what you said but no help I have latest version installed through HP Support site. 

HP Recommended

@Mitesh24,

It's great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated. 

As I understand you have exhausted all possible troubleshooting steps and unfortunately nothing has helped to resolve this issue, this clearly indicates a possible hardware failure with the PC.

In this scenario, I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What I did is uninstall Intel WiFi Driver, Intal Blutooth Driver, then HP Airplane Button driver after that uninstalled Realtek HD Driver   .....

After these steps, I Did install Wifi Driver, Blutooth Driver then Airplane Button Driver..... 

Finally installed Realtek Driver. this solved my issue... 🙂 

HP Recommended

@Mitesh24,

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad to hear you found the solution you were looking for.
Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks to you too! I think Intel drivers are confliting. I tried Hard Reset but that was not help... 🙂   

Anyways, Everything is now working fine

HP Recommended

@Mitesh24,

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help.

Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.