Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop 13-ah1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi community,

My laptop keyboard mute button light won't light up when it is muted. Audio will be muted just fine. It is just that the light on the keyboard won't light up even after restarting the laptop several times. 

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HP System Event Utility - UWP
https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9P4W8RFN9M2T

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
my english is broken
the meaning may not be accurate
HP Recommended

I don't quite understand your meaning. The problem is still unsolved till this date.

HP Recommended

You can refer to the following operations:
Right-click on the start button, open "Applications and Features", search for audio, and uninstall all applications and programs related to audio.
Open the device manager,
Double-click to expand the system device, find the device with the word "Intel smart audio", right-click to select uninstall, check "Delete the driver of this hardware", and the device with the word "Intel smart audio" will do the same.
Double-click to expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Intel and Realtek devices, right-click to select Uninstall, and tick "Remove this hardware driver".
Restart the computer.
Start → Settings → Update and Security → Windows Update, check for updates, install updates.
Do not install optional updates.
During this process, Windows Update will install the required updates and most of the hardware drivers.

my english is broken
the meaning may not be accurate
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.