Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13-w0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

Just recently i realised that my mute light won't turn on when i activate it. The mute function still works, it's just that small light on the key that doesn't. I'm using the Spectre x360 13-w0xx, please advise me on how to solve this problem:) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just tried this fix and it worked - basically uninstalling the audio device and letting the Troubleshooter scan for hardware changes, reinstall the hardware and driver and the reboot.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/MUTE-button-light-stopped-working-post-Windows-10-insta...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you post back with the following details.

1.  The Product No. of your notebook - you can usually get this by holding down the fn key and pressing esc, otherwise see Here for a guide on locating this information.

2.  Hold down the Windows key and press R

Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

In Device Manager, expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers - what devices are listed here?

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I just tried this fix and it worked - basically uninstalling the audio device and letting the Troubleshooter scan for hardware changes, reinstall the hardware and driver and the reboot.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/MUTE-button-light-stopped-working-post-Windows-10-insta...

HP Recommended

Thanks! I kinda just uninstalled the audio driver under "audio, gamecontrollers or something". restarted my computer and it worked right after the restart without having to go into device manager and search for hardware changes. i checked and the driver was already installed again without any changes!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.