Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I noticed that my Audio Beats (b) disappeared from my laptop after Windows 10 upgraded and the sound just is not the same (I'm a DJ and this is important).  The full rich bass is lacking and I'm connected to the Bose Sounddock 10 speaker system and It's just not same sound.  My laptop came with the "HP Triple Bass Reflex Subwoofer". Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Try both of these...

1.  Reinstall the W8.1 IDT audio driver from your specific model m6 support page and restart the PC

If that doesn't work:

2.  Install this IDT audio driver from the 15t-j100 notebook, and restart the PC.

This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

6.10.6491.0 Rev.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Try both of these...

1.  Reinstall the W8.1 IDT audio driver from your specific model m6 support page and restart the PC

If that doesn't work:

2.  Install this IDT audio driver from the 15t-j100 notebook, and restart the PC.

This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

6.10.6491.0 Rev.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

HP Recommended

This solution worked perfectly, thank you so much...back in business!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem on my HP Envy 17 TS.

For me the problem started before the Creator Update (2 days ago).

Capture files made after 3-22-2017 have audio that is down 10+ dB in recorded volume.

Files before that date are fine.

Not sure though, as curiously, Creator Update appears to have erased all prior update history (way to go MS!)

I downloaded sp63555.exe and ran it but nothing seems to change

(I did the HARD RESET, reboot, and rebooted after driver install...)

My system still shows MS driver dated 3-17-2017 Version 10.0.15063.0 in charge of everything audio.

It is not clear to me that this file re-installs Beats Audio either.

How do I force install the referenced audio driver sp63555.exe?

My capture work is now dead in the water.

NOTE:  I can re-image my system back to 3-21-2017 but this is a Windows 10 x64 Home Edition installation and Windows Update will certainly make multiple draconian attempts to "Update" whatever than configuration is, even if  the audio works again.

Thanks,

---JCN

HP Recommended

Hi @JCN9801,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I see from the post that you are having issues with the audio not working after the recent creator's update. Don't worry as I have a few steps which should help you resolve your issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the Product number and Operating system installed on the PC? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...)

Have you tried to install Windows update?

In the meantime, let's start off by performing a Windows Update, so that it can go ahead and install the updates for all the drivers, using this link.

I would suggest please update the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps. Click here

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you do a driver rollback from Device manager and check again.

I hope this should do the trick. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Just navigate to C:\SWSetup\SP63555 and run setup.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you it worked a treat.

HP Recommended

This also helped me. I went to HP drivers and downloaded the older driver and installed it. The older driver over- wrote the newer driver. After installation, I rebooted the computer and every thing works great!!  I must have read 50 messages before I came upon this post.

I did try removing the newer drivers first without rebooting the computer. The install of the older drivers gave me an error when I tried to install them. So do not remove the newer drivers first. Just install the older over the newer. I hope this helps others! 

HP Recommended

To whom it may concern: I have found the drivers for sp63555.exe and it does not bring back the beats audio that came with my laptop. My laptop is an HP Envy 17t-100 and I have to use the same drivers. Each and every time Windows updates, it erases the beats drivers for my laptop. This is annoying, to say the least due to the fact that the sound on my computer sounds flat. Any advice would help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.