Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 15-t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I much prefer to use headphones/earbuds from my HP Docking Station than listen to HP Laptop speaker audio. Today, the speaker decided to take over the audio. I've checked the Driver & it's up to date. Is there some other controlling mechanism?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@Brikan, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Don't worry I'll try to help you out

There are no problems with a notebook or the docking stations might be the docking station stopped working while some update happening.

In case it happens check with the audio setting change the option as per the pic.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

With the eventual online assistance of an HP Tech, I checked every conceivable problem area including trying 3 sets of earphones. Resorted to switching over to the audio output port in the HP Spectre. I didn't realize until later that day that the HP Dock port being used by my Epson Printer no longer functions. Was able to connect via wi-fi. I concluded that the HP Dock probably suffered electrical damager of some kind with the loss of two ports. Thanks for your advice.

HP Recommended

Hi@Brikan,

Let me know if you need any other assistance and I'd be happy to help 🙂 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.