Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Up until the last few days audio would come through the laptop speakers unless I had headphones plugged into the hadphone jack. That silenced the laptop speakers until I unplugged the headphones.

Now the only time I get sound is when I plug into the jack and then sound only comes through the laptop speakers but not the headphones.

I have tried removing the device (CONEXANT ISST audio) and the dirvers and restarting the computer.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi BobF590,

Can you open B&O audio panel and go to General then turn off Multistreaming option.Multistreaming.jpg

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Star_Fox.

After removing and re-installing the sound device several times with no immediate effect, yesterday the headphones and speakers started to behave normally, i.e. with nothing pluggee into the jack sound came through the computer speakers and when headphones (or external speakers are plugged into the jack they work normally and the computer speakers are silent.

I had done nothing myself in the B&O Audio panel.

I just checked that panel and multistreaming was turned off. I have left it that way.

Thanks for the input.

Bob

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.