Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

The 'up' volume button on the side of my laptop (Pavilion x360) seems to be stuck. I tried pressing the button and restarting my laptop in hope to fix it but it didn't work at all. I thought it was a problem with the RealTek Audio installed to my laptop. I tried countless ways to fix RealTek audio, but that also didn't work. So there is probably a physical problem. On my laptop, there is three ways to change the volume. The button on the keyboard, the button on the side of my laptop and the speaker icon on the screen. There was no problem with the volume buttons on the keyboard and there is no problem with RealTek Audio. I found out that the side volume button is jammed. What can I do to fix it?side volume button.jpg

This is the button that I think is jammed              ^^^

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kiraamadera_20

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are having issues with the volume button in your Pavilion x360 notebook. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

This seems to be the hardware issue in the notebook.

I request you to contact HP phone support for further service options.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi!

i have a  13-a100nq with exactly the same problem.

Have you managed to fix it in any way?

I've reinstalled windows, back to factory state, bios update and lost many hours on web trying to find a solution.

Nothing worked.

If it's a known HP problem, maybe they will give us a solution...

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hey there! @Pamfil_Mardare, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand volume button on your laptop is stuck.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned the volume button your laptop is stuck and you are unable to use your laptop.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps before reaching out to us.

I have checked the records and I was unable to find any service advisory related to the issue you have mentioned.

As you have tried troubleshooting yourself and since the issue still persists.

It certainly is a hardware issue with your laptop. please contact HP support for service options

Link to contact HP.

I'll watch your reply!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.