Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 450 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

- My speakers are gone. So are the recording devices.
Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.pngScreenshot_4.pngScreenshot_5.pngClicked on the Sound
- I tried to uninstall the drivers, troubleshoot, reboot, recover Windows (it starts the recovery, stops and displays a message which says that no changes were made) 

- Since then Google Chrome won't open and Spotify as well.
---
The story. 

It all started with Equalizer APO. When I installed and rebooted the first time it led me to blue troubleshooting screen with a QR code. After that everything worked just fine. Some time ago I decided to set up the equalizer for my Bluetooth headphones which required to install the Equalizer APO on them with the same reboot procedure, only this time after the troubleshooting screen with a QR code it brought me to the Windows Rollback. I used the option to use different operating system and instead of Recovery option I clicked on the "Windows 10". After I started Windows the sound in the Bluetooth headphones became just a noise (also when not using the equalizer). I cancelled the changes in the app, rebooted Windows and the sound on the Bluetooth headphones became normal. After I booted Windows some time later I discovered that my speakers are gone, Google Chrome and Spotify won't open. Spotify displays a message, Google Chrome just doesn't start. 

Screenshot_9.png

I uninstalled Equalizer APO (checked the option to remove configurations and registry backups). Nothing changed. Installed it again, Equalizer APO unlike Windows does see the speakers and the headphones if I connect them as well as the microphone.

Screenshot_8.pngSorry for Russian

Thanks in advance.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.