Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n002nb (ENERGY STAR
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, I have tried to do the update to 20H2 several times but every time the audio drivers are removed, i have tried to solve this and i have installed via install older drivers the old versions but this doesn't work, i have Yellow triangles in front of the drivers and a message *this apparaat is not starting (code 10)* Everthing is back to normal when i go back to the previous Windows version but because i suspect it's starting to get urgent to do the update 20H2 and do i I really need your help! 

Installed drivers:

Intel SSD Audio Device (WDM)     Version: 604.10154.1010.4947  Date: 2015-08-4

Realtek I2S Adio Codec                Version: 10.0.10586.4423  Date: 2016/05/5

With kind regards, Erik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ErikDS

Thank you for posting back.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. Let's perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:  

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team if you would like to continue troubleshooting.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: https://www.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

@ErikDS

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, after reading your post I did go through the driver page and found out drivers are limited for this model or OS. Click here to know more about HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n002nb (ENERGY STAR) Software and drivers. 

Let's run the sound problems troubleshooter:

Automatically identify and fix audio errors with the Windows sound troubleshooting tool.

1. Right-click the notification area speaker icon , and then select Troubleshoot sound problems.

2. Select the device you want to troubleshoot, and then click Next to start the troubleshooter.

3. If a recommended action displays, select Apply this fix, and then test for sound.

Refer to the article: Run Audio Check in HP Support Assistant By end of the article you will be able to fix the issue.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo_Lake , I'm sorry to tell you that none of your suggested solutions helped, the situation hasn't changed, still no audio driver is working, there's still a yellow triangle in front of it.

With kind regards, Erik

HP Recommended

Hi Echo_Lake, I'm sorry to tell you that none of your suggested solutions helped, the situation hasn't changed, still no audio driver is working, there's still a yellow triangle in front of it.

I also can't go back to the previous Windows version because the term for that has expired so I now have to continue with version 20H2. 😣

With Kind regards, Erik

HP Recommended

@ErikDS

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. 
The last thing I can suggest try and restore the OS back to the factory default, which will isolate whether it’s a software or hardware issue.  The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo_Lake, Is it very difficult to follow your guidelines because I'm a bit afraid I might make it worse than it is now, because I'm not really a computer crack, I also noticed that not only the sound drivers are gone, but also those for the battery and other devices as well as the touch screen no longer works, do you have extra information that may be important before I start with your instructions?

I have attached a picture of the device manager from my other computer and highlighted in yellow what is missing from my problem device, when i previously went back to the previous version of windows 10 there was no problem at all so it has to do with updating to version 20H2 but unfortunately the time to restore has passed or is there still a way to do this?

Witk kind regards, Erik

Apparaatbeheer.jpg

HP Recommended

@ErikDS

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. Let's perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:  

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team if you would like to continue troubleshooting.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: https://www.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo_Lake, Is it possible that HP support assistant does not work on 32 bit because that's what I get as a message when I try to install it, I also have a question about factory reset, the device was purchased with Windows 8 and has Windows 10 since a few years, does Windows 10 stay on it after I go back to factory settings?

With kind regards, Erik

HP Recommended

@ErikDS

To get the answer to this question, the HP Support assistance is compatible with 32 bit as well, performing a system factory reset will take your computer back to the original factory state, however, your system will update to windows 10 OS. 

Refer to the article: Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7) If possible could you please share the picture of the error message.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo_Lake, This is the current status, before I got your last answer I did an update to Windows 10 21H2 because all the problems started after the update to 20H2 but to no avail, the sound, battery and touch screen drivers are still not visible, I think as for the sound it is the Intel audio driver that is causing the problem because it is nowhere to be found on my pc. Regarding the HP Support Assistant, I had to install an older version 8 because I could not install version 9 (see photo=> translation is: This version of HP Support Assistant does not seem to be compatible with your operating system. You can download an older version of HP SA on our website), I tested this but unfortunately HP Support Assistant can't solve the problem either, could there be something wrong with the BIOS maybe? I'm getting distraught.... With kind regards Erik.

FOUTMELDING HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.