Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
PAVILION 15t-csO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to disable the B&O audio control or uninstall it somehow so that I can use the realtek HD audio manager instead.

Everytime I try to run rtkngui64, it opens up B&O instead. I've treid numerous other solutions on here, such as updating the driver, using autoruns, etc. but I am still stuck with B&O opening.

How can I finally get Realtek to open instead?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I'm starting to get worried if there's any way to solve this... I've been looking around everywhere, but can't find anything that works.

HP Recommended

@HPpeachtree

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand there's an issue with the audio. 

Don't worry, I'm here to help! To better assist you - May I have the exact model name of the computer? Refer to this link for steps to find the product details. (Ensure not to share the serial number, email, phone number, etc.)

While you respond to that, let's try these steps -

Step 1 Run Audio troubleshooter -

1) In Windows, type find and fix audio into Search, or right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
2) Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.

Step 2 Re-install the Audio drivers -

1) In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2) Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
3) Right click on the Audio drivers and click on uninstall.
4) Restart the computer. 

You may also refer to this document - Resolving Microphone Problems

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply!

I had already tried the suggestions that you gave, but I decided to try them again anyways.

My model is 15t-cs0

Troubleshooting found no issues.

Per your instructions, I uninstalled the driver for the jack (a soundcard through USB) and restarted the computer. Now my jack/mic does not show up under device manager nor under "sound." Because of this, I am unable to attempt any of the solutions on the "Resolving Microphone Problems" page.

What should I try next, as now my microphone does not appear on my computer after uninstalling the driver? I am unsure of how I can update now...

EDIT: I plugged it into my other USB port and now can access it again. Still, do you have any suggestions for getting my other USB port to work again, after I had uninstalled the driver for it? I tried the rest of the suggestions, and nothing has changed. For reference, it goes by "USB PnP Sound Device"

HP Recommended

@Hpeachtree

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Did you try the step# 4 from here? If the option is not available, try updating the computer -

Step 1 Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Click on this link to run Windows Updates troubleshooter.

Step 2 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 3 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.