Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (187 Views)

New Creative Fatal1ty Headset Not Being Detected.

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Notebook N7J44EA#ABU
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello everyone! I recently got a new "Creative Fatal1ty" Headset and it doesn't seem to be detected at all! I have 2 cables to plug in to the laptop, 1 for audio and 1 for microphone, but on my HP laptop there is only one hole for a cable! I plugged in both cables at different times but neither of them seem to be detected at all. I tried on my family's public pc, which is a dell, and it works perfectly fine. What is the problem here? I payed some money for this headset and laptop and this is quite annoying. Please solve this.

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (142 Views)

Re: New Creative Fatal1ty Headest Not Being Detected.

Welcome @Sir_Snape, 

Thanks for joining the HP Support Forums community! I seen that you had posted on the forums and are inquiring about a new headset that you had purchased and why it is not working with your HP Notebook - 15-ac109na. I will do my best to find the information for you. 

Have you tried to right click in playback devices and show all the disconnected devices also?

What type of port does your other computer have?

You can try using the Resolving Headphones and Headset Problems documentation. You will find the steps provided below in this document:

• Using the Windows troubleshooting tool
  • Checking the sound settings
  • Troubleshooting headsets
  • Testing the Headphones using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)
  • Other resources

A couple points from the document provided above: 

Headsets with two jack connectors are only compatible with computers that have both a headphone and microphone port. If you have a computer that only has a headset port, then your headset may not work with your computer without an adapter. 

Check with a local computer store or online to see if you can find a headset adapter. I have a USB headset adapter for my son. In my personal opinion its handy to have as it has made it much easier for my son to use his headset anywhere that we go. 

If this post has helped you, please click the Accept as Solution button. If you would like to say thanks, please click the Thumbs up button. 

Take care!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation