Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-d1 (53F52AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

(pictures below)

I chose HP last week and bought a new laptop (victus 16 d1). It came with FreeDs.

Yesterday, I installed Windows 10 (original, retail key) on it, and to my surprise there is no output device. When I open the Sound Device Manager, the output device list is empty. Only HDMI, microphone and bluetooth audio devices are present. The speakers don't exist.

I tried all the tricks the HP assistant sent me to do, but nothing worked.

Did anyone  experience a similar issue with this laptop?

Thanks. 

Almond.

angryalmond_1-1658952860053.pngangryalmond_2-1658952876773.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@angryalmond 

Sounds like you did not install Audio driver / software to your machine. What is your machine ? (victus 16 d1) is invalid.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.