Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-an012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I use my Omen almost exclusively for casual gaming, and rarely take the headphones out. However, I did so today to play a video, and no sound came through the speakers. The sound continues to play through my headphones, but not the integrated speakers.

I reinstalled the driver per the below conversation, but then there was an error during the installation which fully uninstalled the speakers, and I needed to download the driver directly from realtek.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/OMEN-15-Speakers-Not-Working-Consistently/td-p/6719921

I don't know whats going on.

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mypalsean Welcome to HP Community!

Its possible that the headphones are the primary sound location, you will need to go into "Control Panel",

then "Sound" and choose the device you want to set as the default. Which in your case would be the speakers.

Once done, run the audio troubleshooting tool in Windows to automatically fix common audio recording and audio playback problems with your computer.

1. In Windows, type find and fix audio into Search, or right-click the speaker icon  on the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.

2. Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.

3. Click Next.

4. Select the device you want to troubleshoot, and then click Next.

5. Wait while the troubleshooter detects problems and makes changes (or prompts you to make changes).

The troubleshooter detecting audio problems

6. When the troubleshooter is done, the Troubleshooting has completed page displays, listing any problems found and what changes were made to the computer.

NOTE: 

For detailed information about the troubleshooting, click View detailed information in the troubleshooter window.

Troubleshooting completed

7. Click Close.

8. If a recommended action displays, select Apply this fix, or Skip this step to continue to search for other problems.

Test for sound. 

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.