Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Ever since I was somewhat forced to upgrade from Window 8 to 10, my audio has repeatedly stopped working. I've, updated drivers, uninstalled drivers reinstalled drivers, Reset BIOS & run countless HP Audio checks! Sometimes sound comes back for a second then fails again. Anyone got any ideas??

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Speed601 Welcome to HP Community!

Please provide the correct product number.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

hp envy

HP Recommended

@j0hn634

Please provide the specific product number.

(Ensure you don't share any personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc..). 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

I’m sorry, not sure where I got that p/n  from. Here is the correct number: p/n E3S2OUA#ABA

Thank you

HP Recommended

@Speed601

Thank you for the update.

In that case, I would suggets you uninstall the audio drivers and update the chipset drivers. Then restart the computer and install the audio drivers.

Also, update the BIOS.

Please click the below link to download the drivers.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-15-j000-notebook-pc-series/5354982/model/65...

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thank you for trying to help. I clicked on the link you supplied but got this as I have on my own trying to d/l the drivers:

Software and drivers for

HP ENVY 15-j011dx Notebook PC

Choose a different product
Choose a different OS
We were unable to find drivers for your product.
Try manually selecting your operating system. If your operating system is not listed then HP may not provide driver support for your product with that operating system.

Read more:I don't see my operating system

Any other ideas you may have, I would love to try them.

HP Recommended

@Speed601

I understand your concerns.

Your product not tested for windows 10 operating system. Please refer to the following link.

Three are no proper drivers for windows 10.

• Driver updates for Windows 10, along with many devices, such as network adapters, monitors, printers, and video cards, are automatically downloaded and installed through Windows Update. You probably already have the most recent drivers, but if you'd like to manually update or reinstall a driver, here's how:

Use Device Manager to update driver.

Update the device driver

• In the search box on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager.
  • Select a category to see names of devices, then right-click (or press and hold) the one you’d like to update.
  • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
  • Select Update Driver.
  • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

Reinstall the device driver

• In the search box on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager.
  • Right-click (or press and hold) the name of the device, and select Uninstall.
  • Restart your PC.
  • Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

I have updated my drivers, uninstalled them & reinstalled them. Sometimes this along with or without doing a sound troubleshooting procedure works BUT only temporarily then it goes back to not working. 

Thanks Again for helping

HP Recommended

@Speed601

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you rollback to the window's previous version.

Or you can reinstall the operating system and check.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.