Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (267 Views)

No Sound HP Pavilion G6

Product Name: Pavilion G Series 1344SA

Hi,

I used IoBit Driver Installer to update my drivers and now my sound doesn't work. I checked other forums and tried:

- soft & hard reboot

- tried both Chrome and Firefox

- both manually and used HP support to uninstall and reinstall the IDT driver 

- checked speakers in volume control was on default 

- undo the update but a warning sign saying a firewall or antivirus is blocking it. Tried to turn it off and didn't help

After the 1st Hard Reboot it worked. I put it to sleep that night and then the next day it stopped again and hasn't worked since. None of the other solutions have worked. Can someone help please? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (230 Views)

Re: No Sound HP Pavilion G6

Hi @Shannon16,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I read your post about issues with your HP Pavilion g6-1344sa Notebook and sound not working correctly.  I would try to uninstall the Iobit. Here is a link that will help you do that.

Here is a link to help troubleshoot the sound.

If that does not help you can contact IoBit support here.  They might be better suited to answer concerns that are happening with their product.

Please let me know how this goes.

To express appreciation for my post please click the Thumbs up icon.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.Smiley Happy

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation