Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi @gb1768 ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums.I needed to edit your post and remove the email address. In accordance with our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

I understand sound is not working through the speakers. Please try these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Go into Device Manager, then "Sound, video and game controllers".

2. Right click on the sound driver, and select "Uninstall".

3. Restart the computer. This will force a driver to be reinstalled based on the hardware .

Please try this and let me know what happens. Thanks!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I m facing the same problem in my hp g6 2005ax notebook. I have checked all the audio setting , they are fine, but still there is no sound in inbuilt speakers. Please tell any soulution.....my email id is....[edited personally identifiable information].

HP Recommended

I'm using HP Pavilion 14-B004TU laptop and Windows 8 OS. my speaker is not working but head prhones are working. what happen to my laptop. please resolve the problem

HP Recommended

Hello gskrishna,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand sound plays through both the speakers and headphones. Please review this thread to resolve the issue: Headphones plugged in, but speakers are still playing sound

Please let me know what happens. Thanks!

Mario

HP Recommended

sir 

today when i hv hereing music on my laptop suddenly my speaker stop to give sound ...than i turned off my lappy and agein log in but same prblm here ...plz he;p me i did not here sound by using my laptop speaker but my headphone prperly working my laptop model is hp 540 . windows os 7 32bit is loaded

HP Recommended

Hello bapikumar :smileyhappy:

Thanks for posting on the HP Forums!

Since this is a commercial notebook, you should post your issue on the notebook board of the HP Enterprise Forums for a better answer.

I would also make sure you try the steps in the thread I provided previously.

Have a wonderful day! :smileyhappy:

Mario

HP Recommended

how can i get the soluation by hp support forum,,plz say

HP Recommended

The only troubleshooting I could suggest in this thread: Headphones plugged in, but speakers are still playing sound

If it doesn't work, there may be a hardware issue, which would require you to contact the commercial side. Please mark this post with a Kudos to show your appreciation! Thanks 🙂

Mario

HP Recommended
I have same problem but i did hear speakers but broke off and now nothing except through headphones
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.