Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-[Personal Information Removed]
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My brand new laptop HP 15-[Personal Information Removed] came without the “stereo mix” driver. So I went on HP’s support website and downloaded/extracted all of the audio drivers one by one. No stereo mix drivers at all for this laptop. I went to realtek’s website and downloaded the old and new audio drivers, however, those drivers got me the “stereo mix” driver BUT removed my headset driver. 

So I need a driver with both for my laptop. I’ve downloaded so many drivers my head is spinning. I think this SN is bad bcuz my old laptop doesn’t have this issue. I dont know if my sound card is bad or if this is some other issue. Help

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@DeeBrownLTD

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the audio on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you uninstall the audio driver from the device manager and then download and install the driver from the below link.

NOTE: Uninstall the driver installed on the computer first.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp106001-106500/sp106160.exe

Here is how it is done.

1. Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've downloaded this same file from the HP website. I downloaded it anyway after you sent it and it downloads then the command prompt opens in a loop and doesnt stophp issues.PNG

HP Recommended

I restarted my computer and no stereo mix

HP Recommended

the Stereo Mix option is only available on desktop PCs and never available on laptops due to hardware limitations, DeeBrownLTD.

if you want stereo mix, get an HP desktop PC instead with either 6-channel or 8-channel audio.  that's the cold hard reality.

I know from experience cuz the original audio drivers on my brother's HP Spectre x360 15 laptop never had a stereo mix option and only my old HP pavilion media center desktop pc with Realtek ALC888S audio chipset has the stereo mix option available but turned off by default.

HP Recommended

You haven’t been reading my posts. 

I have SUCCESSFULLY installed Stereo Mix on THIS laptop. SEVERAL TIMES!!! The problem is when I download it to my laptop, is removes my headset driver. And vice versa. 

I also have an older HP with stereo mix and headset driver on it. 

Yesterday I observed another HP from a new friend and there’s also have stereo mox and headset drivers. 

please dont talk to me like I’m dumb. My profession is in IT. I have been with HP for 10years now. All standard laptops have stereo mix, speaker, and headset drivers. 

HP Recommended

I think this is a realtek hardware issue. HP is the WORST because they won’t take my laptop and switch out the HARDWARE driver for my laptop. I want a new SOUND CARD!!!!

HP Recommended

@DeeBrownLTD

I recommend you perform a recovery on the computer following the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link for detailed steps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.