Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
PackyK Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No Stereo When Playing or Ripping CDs

Pavilion 15-e037cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My problem is with my Pavilion 15, purchased in September 2013.  My machine will not even  PLAY CDs in stereo, nor rip them in stereo.  I honestly don't know if the problem existed when I bought it because I wasn't using it for playing CDs then.  I bought it with Windows 8 preinstalled but upgraded to 10 several months later.  My audio drivers are "AMD High Definition Audio Device" and "RealTek High Definiton Device".  Both are enabled, but if I disable the RealTek, which is listed as the default device, I get no playback.  If I disable the AMD, I still have sound, which stands to reason.  Both are up-to-date.  Does ANYONE have any idea what might be going on?  I don't have the option of disabling enhancements, as I see was a fix for a similar problem, but I don't even think that is relevant to this problem.  Thanks! 

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
2785 144 326
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No Stereo When Playing or Ripping CDs

Hi @PackyK,

Thank you for posting at HP Forums!

I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that there is no stereo when you play CDs. 

Please try:

Right click the sound icon on the task bar, and select the playback devices.

Click on the playback tab and check if the 2.1 speakers is listed as default. If not, set the 2.1 speakers as default.

Or you follow the steps 2 on this link to troubleshoot: HP Notebook PCs - No Sound from Speakers (Windows 10)

Let me know how it goes.

If this post helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos. 

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation