Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Model 15-da003nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I've been struggling over the past couple of weeks to find out why my notebook is not producing any sound.   I've done these suggested fixes:

- Checked output in the Windows Sound control panel

- Updated the Windows 10 audio drivers

- Stopped and restarted the Windows Audio services (Audio and the Audio End Point)

- Tried to get my notebook to install some pending Windows updates, that seem to be stuck, coincidentially

Any ideas of some things I can check to resolve this issue?  It's a big issue since I can't teleconference for work.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@pup_cuir 

The subject says " HP Pavilion G6 - Product ID 4EY57UA#ABA" but your machine is NOT an HP Pavilion G6 machine. From its Product id, it is an HP NOTEBOOK - 15-DA0031NR. I use HP NOTEBOOK - 15-DA0031NR machine to answer your question.

Please do a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,
           https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp104001-104500/sp104405.exe
(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
(d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@pup_cuir 

The subject says " HP Pavilion G6 - Product ID 4EY57UA#ABA" but your machine is NOT an HP Pavilion G6 machine. From its Product id, it is an HP NOTEBOOK - 15-DA0031NR. I use HP NOTEBOOK - 15-DA0031NR machine to answer your question.

Please do a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,
           https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp104001-104500/sp104405.exe
(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
(c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
(d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Sorry, I got the Pavilion G6 from a graphic in the computer information.  It is the 15-DA0031NR. 

I will try this once I can get the laptop to respond again.  There appear to be other issues at work right now-- the hard disk indicator light is almost solid and the machine is very slow to respond. 

I'll let you know if this fix worked once the machine is operational again.

HP Recommended

@pup_cuir wrote:

Sorry, I got the Pavilion G6 from a graphic in the computer information.  It is the 15-DA0031NR...

@pup_cuir 

It does NOT make any sense at all, Pavilion G6 could be 10 years old by now. Anyway, looks like your machine is having hardware problem and its HDD is not functioning well.

Software wise, my suggestion is to reinstall Windows 10 using

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The tool will allow you to make a bootable installation media (USB/DVD) and you can use installation media to install.

During the installation process if you are asked to enter a product key, check the 'Skip' box and W10 will install and then automatically activate once you are connected to the internet using the key embedded in BIOS of your machine.

You can also mount downloaded ISO file as DVD drive and run Setup from there.

Please note: tick keep user data/files and programs

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

I'm going to accept your solution, as I'm 100% certain it would've worked.  Upon closer inspection of my laptop base, it was bulging and the touchpad buttons were immobile-- it appears my machine overheated and has been made nearly inoperable.

Thank you for your response though!

- P

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.