Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
abradbard Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No audio after Windows 10 cumulative update KB3213986

G60-535DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

4 computers automatically updated with MS Windows 10 update KB3213986 a few days ago.

HP desktop Pavillion, HP laptop G60-530DX, HP Mini-110 and Dell.

Only HP laptop G60-535DX lost audio. Both speakers and headset. HP Conexant High Def Smart Audio Driver.

Installed other Audio driver from MS. Same problem.

Went back to restore point before KB3213986. Audio back.

Went to bed, woke up 6hr later, no audio.

KB3213986 was reinstalled during the 6hrs.

Reinstalled HP audio driver from HP web-site. 2010 version. No audio.

Ran MS trouble-shooting  on audio. No audio.

Trouble shooting switched to MS audio driver. No audio.

Went back to restore point I took right after previous restore point restored. Audio is back.   

Is there a patch for HP G60-535DX lost audi due to install of MS update KB3213986? 

2 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16475 1325 2285
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@abradbard

Welcome to the HP Forums :)

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand there's No audio after Windows 10 cumulative update KB3213986,

I looked around and it looks like there are no patches released by Microsoft as of now.

I recommend you turn off the automatic updates for the time being and avoid installing the update until you are notified of a patch by Microsoft,

You could send a feedback to Microsoft about the same to which they will keep you updated: Click here for details.

There are no sound card drivers update available from your manufacturer either: Click here for information on the same.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
i_need_coffee Top Student
Top Student
2 0 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are not alone :)

Product Name: HP620
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am so happy to read your thread here. Did you report this issue to windows?

Here is a german ms community post about the same error and here is a englisch ms community post about the same update-pack.

Could you tell me your Hardware-IDs of all your audio devices?

Greetings by i_need_coffee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation