Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 13-aq0502sa

I have tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions listed on every HP page regarding re-installing the audio device but as yet have had no success. I have also done a hard reset (the final option in the list) and it's still not working. Please help me

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @NomadMat,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you're experiencing an issue where your HP ENVY - 13 laptop is not detecting an audio driver, there are a few steps you can try to resolve the problem.

• Restart your laptop: Sometimes a simple restart can help resolve temporary software issues. Restart your laptop and see if the audio driver is detected upon reboot.
  • Update the audio driver: Go to the official HP website and navigate to the support section. Enter your laptop model, and download the latest audio driver available for your specific model. Install the driver and restart your laptop to see if the issue is resolved.
  • Windows Update: Make sure that your Windows operating system is up to date. Sometimes, Windows updates include driver updates that can fix issues with hardware, including audio drivers. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and check for any available updates. Install them and restart your laptop.
  • Device Manager: Open the Device Manager by right-clicking on the Start button and selecting "Device Manager" from the context menu. Expand the "Sound, video, and game controllers" section and look for any audio devices with a yellow exclamation mark or a red cross icon. Right-click on the problematic device and select "Update driver." Choose the option to search automatically for updated driver software. If a driver update is found, follow the instructions to install it.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the audio driver: If updating the driver doesn't work, you can try uninstalling the existing audio driver and then reinstalling it. In the Device Manager, right-click on the audio device and select "Uninstall device." After the driver is uninstalled, restart your laptop. Upon reboot, Windows should automatically detect the audio device and install the default driver. If not, you can manually install the driver using the official HP website or the manufacturer's website.
  • System Restore: If the issue started recently, you can try performing a system restore to revert your laptop to a previous state where the audio driver was functioning correctly. Search for "System Restore" in the Windows search bar and follow the on-screen instructions to choose a restore point and restore your system.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Alden

None of these suggestions worked at all. The issue still persists. Sorry for the delayed response!

Best

Matt

HP Recommended

Hi @NomadMat,

Thank you for your response, 

Due to limited support, I would request you contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link.

https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.