Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN X by HP Laptop 17-ap0xx Product# 1PN85AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I get no audio from internal speaker since update to windows 10 (1909); i do get sound from the headphone jack though.  I have tried  to uninstall device and drivers and reinstalled Realtek HD Audio (sp100450) driver..  no change.   I did test the hardware upon boot as well (F2) then selected Audio and I was able to hear sound from the internal speaker.  Just won't work in Windows.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was able to resolve this issue; not sure why the variance..  but, I initially was downloading the drivers from HP and attempting to install via Chrome and would get an error that no valid drivers found.  I reattempted this morning using IE and drivers installed no issue and I have sound from both headphone jack and laptop speakers.  Hope this helps someone else out there...  3 hours of troubleshooting and all I had to do was use a different web browser to download..  doesn't make sense to me but whatever..  its fixed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I was able to resolve this issue; not sure why the variance..  but, I initially was downloading the drivers from HP and attempting to install via Chrome and would get an error that no valid drivers found.  I reattempted this morning using IE and drivers installed no issue and I have sound from both headphone jack and laptop speakers.  Hope this helps someone else out there...  3 hours of troubleshooting and all I had to do was use a different web browser to download..  doesn't make sense to me but whatever..  its fixed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.