Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nick_clark
Level 2
9 8 1 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

No audio from Internal Speakers (Headphone Jack Works)

HP Recommended
OMEN X by HP Laptop 17-ap0xx Product# 1PN85AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I get no audio from internal speaker since update to windows 10 (1909); i do get sound from the headphone jack though.  I have tried  to uninstall device and drivers and reinstalled Realtek HD Audio (sp100450) driver..  no change.   I did test the hardware upon boot as well (F2) then selected Audio and I was able to hear sound from the internal speaker.  Just won't work in Windows.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nick_clark
Author
Level 2
9 8 1 2
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was able to resolve this issue; not sure why the variance..  but, I initially was downloading the drivers from HP and attempting to install via Chrome and would get an error that no valid drivers found.  I reattempted this morning using IE and drivers installed no issue and I have sound from both headphone jack and laptop speakers.  Hope this helps someone else out there...  3 hours of troubleshooting and all I had to do was use a different web browser to download..  doesn't make sense to me but whatever..  its fixed.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
nick_clark
Author
Level 2
9 8 1 2
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was able to resolve this issue; not sure why the variance..  but, I initially was downloading the drivers from HP and attempting to install via Chrome and would get an error that no valid drivers found.  I reattempted this morning using IE and drivers installed no issue and I have sound from both headphone jack and laptop speakers.  Hope this helps someone else out there...  3 hours of troubleshooting and all I had to do was use a different web browser to download..  doesn't make sense to me but whatever..  its fixed.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation