Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
4RD73EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

ok, so i was playing a game, then after about 5 minutes it kicked me out, then i went to watch youtube and there was no sound coming out of it so i checked my speakers annd it showed a red x after watching youtube videos i got it to not show the x but there is still no sound and when i go to volume mixer i see no applications there, and whenever i try to play a game it says failed to instalize DirectX audio

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Surface_I was watching a YouTube video today, and all of a sudden there was no audio. I checked the audio driver on Device Manager and it showed that my driver(s) were up-to-date and working well but it also stated to check Windows Update just in case it had better drivers. So I did, and all my updates are updated. LOL! Incidentally, I have Windows 10. I think by now most people do these days, for PC and laptops, etc. My son-in-law has Apple and he very rarely has problems. Anyway, what I did to solve my problem was to reboot or restart my computer. I went back into YouTube and watched a video and the audio was fine. I have a My HP Spectre 360 laptop, and it's a couple of years old. 

Also, please note to check your Bluetooth list and settings, under Settings (bottom left of your screen Windows logo, choose start and there is a tool icon . and I've noticed it automatically connected my LG smartphone because beforehand I manually added it to my list and then disconnected it. I still kept it in my list just as I did with my SmartTV for when I wanted to cast some movies or video clips to my TV. But it did connect to my phone again automatically, and obviously there was no audio on YouTube. Weird things go on now and then. But you live and learn through trial and error. A lot of things to consider I think. Sorry for babbling on, but try to restart your computer/notebook but if the problem persists, try to get some HP Support from an experienced IT person. Hopefully, more folks will participate on this message board and may even have a better update, which might solve the problem as well. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.