Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This started about 2 months back when my notebook stopped playing any sound. When I plug in headphones, sound plays, and occasionally when I remove them, there will be a brief moment of when the sound plays, sometimes for up to around 10 minutes. This annoyed me greatly, so I restarted my computer, and nothing happened. Next, I tried re-installing the drivers, while lead to me getting nowhere. Just today, I tried the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics found in the Support Assistant, and it showed that my tests had basically no results, as it had no log detail or reason.  Following this, I began to think that there was a serious issue with my laptop. I then tried the 'Troubleshooting No Sound From The Computer' test, which led it to tell me that there were no speakers or microphone found. Does this mean that my internal devices for my laptop are disconnected? The only damage to my laptop is on the bottom edge of my USB-A port, which has a dent inwards and the aluminium around it is slightly bent in as well. Does the slight damage to the chassis have to do with anything in the system? Please let me know.

Thank you.

Screenshot (216).pngScreenshot (217).png

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@SnylonPlayz,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

As this looks like a possible hardware failure with the internal speaker,  please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, sorry for the late reply. I've read through the forums and have seen that many people have had similar errors, and also realised that I have no B&O Audio App, so should I install it and see what happens? I know that when I purchased this laptop it had the app, so should I re-install it?

HP Recommended

@SnylonPlayz,

As it appeared to be an issue with the hardware failure. We had recommended you to contact our HP support team. 

However, you can definitely try to reinstall the drivers and check if that helps. 

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers.

Then check the box delete the software for this device.

Now restart the computer and then update the Bios, Chipset and Audio drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Let me know the outcome!

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi. Very sorry for the late reply, the issue has been solved. As it turns out, I had no audio switch, and re-installing the B&O Audio Switch returned sound to my PC. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.