Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15 PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15 PC
C2N00UA#ABL

I lost audio awhile back, tried reinstalling and uninstailling the drivers, which worked for a little bit but they kept getting corrupted. Then when I tried to install new drivers from the HP site I keep getting an error "The hardware detected is not supported by IDT software package. The install will be aborted"

I've tried every single 'solution' or fix that has been offered on this site and other sites, and nothing has been working. I'm at my wits end here. Please help me find a solution to this.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@FahqX,

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the audio on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Run the audio troubleshooter

The audio troubleshooter might be able to fix audio problems automatically.

To run the troubleshooter

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type audio troubleshooter, select Fix and find problems with playing sound from the results, then select Next.
  2. Select the device you want to troubleshoot and then continue through the troubleshooter. 

choose your device in the audio troubleshooter

You can also launch the troubleshooter from audio Settings. Select Start  > Settings > System  > Sound  > Troubleshoot.

If running the troubleshooter doesn't help, continue to the next tip.

Verify that all Windows Updates are installed

To check for updates

1. Select Start  > Settings  > Update & Security  > Windows Update   > Check for updates.
  2. Do one of the following:
    • If the status says "You're up to date, go to the next tip. 
    • If the status says "Updates are available," select Install now
  3.  Select the updates you want to install, then select Install.
  4.  Restart your PC and see if your sound is working properly.

If that didn't solve your problem, continue to the next tip.

Check sound settings

Check to make sure your audio devices aren't muted and haven't been disabled.

1. Right-click the Speakers icon  on the taskbar, and then select Open Volume mixer.
  2. You’ll see a set of volume controls for your devices. Make sure none of them are muted. If any of them are muted, you’ll see a red circle with a line through it next to the volume control. In that case, select the volume control to unmute. 

Volume mixer with muted volume controls

3. Check your device properties to make sure that your devices have not been disabled by mistake. Select Start  > Settings  > System  > Sound .
  4. Select your audio device, and then select Device properties. Be sure to select Device properties for both the output and input devices.  

sound output device properties link in sound menu

sound input device properties link in sound menu

5. Make sure the Disable check box is cleared for the output and input devices.

Device properties cleared disable check box

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

None of the above worked, I have a little red x over my speaker button and it says no audio devices are installed, when i try to install drivers I get the error message from my original post.

HP Recommended

@FahqX,

I recommend you perform a system reset on the computer following the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c04742289

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.