cancel
Maarten94 Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No bluetooth connenction with wireless headphones

I recently bought wireless head phones which can connent to windows 10 computers without any issues in a couple of seconds. However my windows 7 elitebook has issues with connecting. It connects when u add it as a new device, but does not connent when u turn it on again after... Also it does not play sound, and can not be added as a playback device. I cant really find how to work this issue out.... 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Provost Provost
Provost
44,986 40,662 4,399 11,426
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bluetooth and wireless headphones are not the same.  Which do you have?

Does your EliteBook have a bluetooth transceiver?

How about starting on the right foot by identifying your HP Elitebook with its complete product name or product number.

If you do not identify your product, then how are we supposed to determine its hardware configuration?

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
Maarten94 Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I got bluetooth wireless headphones and my computer also has a bluetooth transciever which connects with the headphones. Just doensnt do anything other than that with them. I got the Elitebook 8570w, and all the software was up to date if that could be the issue

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you identify the Bluetooth headset with its brand and model number?

If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
Maarten94 Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It' s a sony, but my computer didn't connect properly with other bluetooth devices either

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Maarten94 wrote:

I got bluetooth wireless headphones and my computer also has a bluetooth transciever which connects with the headphones. Just doensnt do anything other than that with them. I got the Elitebook 8570w, and all the software was up to date if that could be the issue

Ii it connects with the bluetooth headphones as just stated, then why is the subject of your thread "No bluetooth connenction with wireless headphones"? 

What else are you expecting the headphones to do? 

0 Kudos
Maarten94 Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

well, ideally i'd like it to connect and actually play music and being able to skype with it. At this point my computer regonizes it, and thats about all it does.... 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation