Did you mean: 
DhruvPant
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

No fix audio fault HP Envy Touchsmart 15

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am facing a  issue  After turning on my laptop, the sound works fine until 1-5 minutes after which it starts cracking and breaking and it worsens until the thing goes completely mute. The connected speakers, bluetooth devices etc don't work as well which suggest that the underlying root cause is not with the onboard speakers. I've tried playing the media files using different media players (vlc, real player, windows media player, even youtube) and tried playing different audio and video formats with no luck. Moreover the UEFI didn't help me either. Enabling/disabling audio devices, driver updates etc don't help,the only way to get sound back is to restart the computer, even then the sound comes back for 1-5 minutes and the cycle repeats. Can you please guide me towards the solution to this problem as I am really at a loss here as to how to proceed.

Thanks and Regards

Dhruv Pant

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,870 93,527 12,293 26,129
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DhruvPant 

Did you upgrade/downgrade your machine ? What is your HP Envy Touchsmart 15 and its Operating system ? Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
DhruvPant
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

I've not upgraded or downgraded my machine. The issue just decided to pop up one day out of the blue. 

The model number of my laptop is HP envy j049tx and the operating system is Windows 8.

Thanks a lot for your help. 

Dhruv Pant

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation