Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6 MODEL #: LM174AV
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I did an SSD Upgrade, after which I now don't have any sound at all.  I reinstalled my old hard drive, and the sound returned.  Went back to the SSD and tried a couple of driver downloads that have been mentioned on this forum, but they haven't worked.  One message said: "The Hardware Detected is Not Supported by This IDT Software Package".  Another message said: "This is Not the Correct Audio Droiver for This System".

I went to the HD Driverdownload website, and tried to have them scan my system and tell me which driver I needed, and then install it for me.  That didn't work out either, as it took me to a page where it seemed they wanted me to "activate" my inquiry ???, and it appeared they were trying to sell me some kind of service, but I don't know for sure.  They didn't say whether their service was free or for a fee.  Aaaargh. 

This seems like this should be so easy to figure out, but it's maddeningly frustrating.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  -- Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

EDIT -- I inadvertantly marked this post as "SOLVED".  That is not the case, but I did solve it, with a brief description in the next post.

I'm feeling pretty stumped at the moment.  I put the old HDD back in, and it runs fine.  But when I tried to access the SSD as an external drive (to wipe it clean), it doesn't show up.  When going into my Computer, all I see are the regular C: Hard Drive and the DVD Drive.  Shouldn't the external SSD be showing up?  --  This is getting stranger all the time.  Any feedback would be appreciated!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Llayne 

Your machine ia an HP PAVILION G6T-1B00 CTO NOTEBOOK PC. Please doenload and install Audio driver for Windows 7

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55036.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply!  I again got the message:

"The Hardware Detected is Not Supported by This IDT Software Package"

HP Recommended

@Llayne 

Strange, it is the ORIGINAL driver for your machine. Are you sure it runs Windows 7 ?  Now please try

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57966.exe

Reason:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57966.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium -- Have it it for several years, so the Win. 7 is a given.

I tried your new link, and initially got the message: "The Hardware Detected is Not Supported by This IDT Software Package"

I kept trying, and somehow got it to "think" it had the right system, and then proceeded to ask if I wanted to restart the computer.  I said yes, and after coming up again, I got the message: "This is Not the Correct Audio Droiver for This System" -- The installer will now exit.

At this point, I'm tempted to wipe the SSD clean, and give it another try.  I also had another odd thing happen.  I use One Tab (a lot), and I have over a thousand links in it.  It transferred fine over to the SDD, but shortly after I started browsing, the One Tab deleted all the tabs.  So I want to go back and retrieve those tabs as well as trying to see if a new clone will take care of the sound problem.

Thanks again for your reply.  Any thoughts on starting over from scratch?  And how would I do that exactly?  How do I make sure I have a "clean slate" on the SSD to accomplish that?  -- Thanks!

HP Recommended

EDIT -- I inadvertantly marked this post as "SOLVED".  That is not the case, but I did solve it, with a brief description in the next post.

I'm feeling pretty stumped at the moment.  I put the old HDD back in, and it runs fine.  But when I tried to access the SSD as an external drive (to wipe it clean), it doesn't show up.  When going into my Computer, all I see are the regular C: Hard Drive and the DVD Drive.  Shouldn't the external SSD be showing up?  --  This is getting stranger all the time.  Any feedback would be appreciated!

HP Recommended

I somehow marked my above post as solved, even though that was not the case.  I did however solve this problem tonight.  I went to Google search, and entered: "hp pavilion g6 audio driver windows 7 64 bit:,  The link below came up; it said it detected my Pavilion g6, and just below that was a link to download the audio driver.  Process was simple, and it's now fixed! -- @Banhien

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.